Hi, I hope you are enjoying your summer! It is hard to believe that within a few short weeks the 2017-2018 school year will be starting. NBC School District’s After 3 program is experiencing a great deal of positive changes for this coming school year.
My name is Mrs. Betsy Feight, and this is my third year as the coordinator for the NBC After 3 Program. I am excited to begin a new year and am looking forward to working with your student! Our goal is to provide quality programming that enriches learning opportunities while having a lot of fun and experiencing new topics and ideas throughout the year! After 3 runs from 3:10 – 6:00 Monday –Thursday with a minimum requirement of 1 night per week to join.
We had an awesome time over the last 2 years at NBC during After 3. Between challenging STEAM activities, art, nutrition, 4H, technology, group activities, and lots of recreational games, our After 3 students have still managed to come out on top academically. Over 95% of our students have passed their classes throughout the entire school year! Our program is a great help to those students in need to academic tutoring, social relationships, organizational and leadership opportunities as so much more:
- Free homework help and tutoring from teachers or teen assistants
- The opportunity to be a peer tutor or Teen Assistant, which provide service hours and a chance to help other students
- Making connections with other students
- Recreational sports and games like relay races, sled riding, team games and others
- Enrichment activities like 4H, nutrition, technology, forensics, and others
- Exploring aviation while building rockets, making airplanes, and flying drones
- Getting creative with art and craft projects and even making stained glass
- The chance to be a leader and show off your special talents
- Field trips to local points of interest to learn about our community and have fun
- Take ownership of your time and discovering new interests, people, and possibilities
After 3 is a great place to explore and expand your interests and best of all YOU can help choose what After 3 has to offer. Don’t miss out on our upcoming activities and events, join today!
If at any time, you have any questions or concerns about the program, please contact me. My contact information is firstname.lastname@example.org or (766-4756). Also, be sure to check out our website at www.after3.org.
Enjoy the rest of your summer, and I am looking forward to hearing from you!
Mrs. Betsy Feightdo I learn mor