Who is a Mandated Reporter?You are a mandated reporter in the state of Pennsylvania. You are employed by a school district in the state of Pennsylvania therefore you have a responsibility to report any abuse or neglect that you become aware of concerning a child.
Specifics:Mandated Reporter: Any person who comes into contact with children within the practice of their profession; expanded to include college staff, EMS, librarians, attorneys, religious organizations, and paid or unpaid staff (12/31/14)
- School personnel are mandated to report any information that creates a reasonable suspicion that child has been abused
- School personnel are mandated to report cases where someone makes a specific disclosure about a child who is identifiable, regardless if the child is under the care, supervision, guidance, or training of the mandated reporter (12/31/14); includes “after hours”
- School personnel must report if a person 14+ years old makes a disclosure that he/she has committed child abuse
- Passive and mandated reporters may remain anonymous
- Reports must be made immediately to Childline
Important Phone Numbers:Child Line - 1-800-932-0313Bedford County Children and Youth Services - 1-814-623-4804Address so you can mail the CY-47 form: 200 South Juliana Street, Bedford, PA 15522Fax: 1-814-623-3013To access a free online training module of Mandated Reporting, visit:
Below is the link to the website for the Mandated Reporter Training.