Hello and Welcome to Mrs. Betts's Page!Name: Mrs. Betts
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone number:814-766-2221-ext.4139I am the Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) teacher in the middle school and high school. Courses include: FCS 6, FCS 7, FCS 8, FCS 9, Get the FACS, Baking & Pastry, and Culinary Arts I-II. Two to three times a month, I conduct the nutrition classes for the After 3 Program.I have been at NBC since 2003. Teaching is a second career for me. Prior to this, I was a certified residential and commerical interior designer. I also have past work experiences in banking, at a bakery, working with children and the elderly. In 2005, I received and have continued to maintain SerSafe Certification.For starters, our calendar includes the following activities:
The club associated with FCS is FCCLA, which stands for Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America. FCCLA is a nonprofit national Career and Technical Student Organization open to any student taking Family and Consumer Science related classes. FCCLA is one of the few organizatoins with family as its central focus. Personal growth and leadership development are at the forefront of its mission.FCCLA Club Activities include:
- Baking & Pastry and Culinary Arts classes prepare refreshments for various activities throughout the school year: monthly school board meetings, middle school desserts, LAC and OAC meetings to name a few. We are also in charge of decorating the lobby Christmas tree. In January, we plan, prepare and serve a special dinner to the school board members and guests.
- Something new for FACS classes is a choice of projects that would reach beyond school limits, such as The Linus Project and sewing for the Animal Shelter, and Safe Haven to name a few.
- participating in the NBC Homecoming Parade.
- organizing and contributing to the annual Thanksgiving Food Drive.
- providing Elementary Christmas Bags filled with necessity items such as different toiletries, as well, as books.
- preparing free Breakfast Burritos for the Dance a Thon participants.
Below are a few websites I hope you will find helpful in regards to eating healthy and staying active. Several include interactive games.
If you should ever have any questions, my contact information is at the top of the page!
Last Modified on July 25, 2018